Dear HBC family,
The situation with the COVID-19 virus is still fluid and changing each day. We continue to work hard to understand the risks and take appropriate steps to minimize them. Please pray for wisdom from above as we attempt to navigate our way through these difficult days. We need to be decisive in our plans yet remain faithful to biblical ideals. To that end, here are principles that will guide us:
- Above all, we will seek to honor the Lord through faithful dependence on his mercy.
- We will take appropriate steps to protect and care for our people.
- We will demonstrate proper stewardship as members of the community.
- We will respectfully submit to the guidance of governing authorities.
We will follow up through our deacon care groups, reaching out to help those who are at risk.
Changes to the Church Schedule:
To protect our people and demonstrate proper care for the community, we are making the following temporary modifications to our church schedule.
All church services are cancelled until Easter, April 12th. We will re-evaluate the situation before determining whether we will have service on Easter Sunday.
Until then, we will livestream an abbreviated worship service at 10:00a.m. each Sunday morning. Please gather with your family to watch the service from home. We will also have a brief Bible study and prayer meeting each Wednesday evening at 6:30p.m., using an interactive online meeting program. Each household will receive a link via email to join the study. So please watch your emails.
The scheduled Spring Cleaning Day will take place on Saturday, March 28.
All non-essential meetings are cancelled until April 6. This includes:
- The “Night at the Range” adult activity scheduled for Friday, March 20, has been postponed.
- The Fellowship Luncheon scheduled for Sunday, March 22, has been cancelled.
- Sisters in Christ scheduled for Thursday, April 26 has been cancelled.
- Ministry in Action Meetings scheduled for Sunday, March 29, have been cancelled.
- Teen event, Koinonia, scheduled for Sunday, March 29, has been cancelled.
- Men’s Meeting scheduled for Saturday, April 4, has been cancelled.
- Teen Workday at Peniel Bible Camp scheduled for April 4, has been cancelled.
What You Can Do to Help
Please follow the protocols outlined by the CDC to help minimize the risk of transmitting the virus.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. Make sure that your children wash thoroughly using soap.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- If your suspect you or any of your family members are sick or, if you have had flu-like symptoms in the past 7 days, stay home.
- Refrain from shaking hands or hugging.
- If you are in a high-risk group (elderly or weakened immune system), please consider staying home.
- Keep an appropriate distance from others where possible (3 feet).
We believe that appropriate precautions demonstrate wisdom and produce goodwill within the community. However, let’s remember that we have no reason for fear. We will take appropriate steps to address the problem and entrust the outcome to the One who cares for us. As always, we are in His hands and would not choose to be anywhere else.
Your servant in Christ,